Dear NS Customer, Rail Business Partner and NS Tariff Subscriber:
In an effort to improve service and enhance the safety of our network, Norfolk Southern is adopting updates to the Accessorial Service Rules and Charges Tariff 8002-A effective November 1, 2023. Please reference the attached files for further details. For any questions regarding these updates, please contact your Norfolk Southern representative.
Effective November 1, 2023, Norfolk Southern (NS) will be making changes to the following tariffs:
- Accessorial Service Rules and Charges Tariff NS 8001-A
Below is a brief description of the changes to the tariffs.
- Item 5000 – Rules Governing Overloaded Cars:INCREASE penalty for overloaded shipment. ADD escalation for subsequent violations in same calendar year. INCREASE demurrage and storage charges.
- Item 5030 – Freight Charges Applicable on Excess Lading when Delivery to Destination: INCREASE penalty for delivered overloaded freight.
- Item 5040 – Rules Governing Improperly Loaded Cars: INCREASE penalty for improperly loaded shipments. ADD escalation for subsequent violations in same calendar year. INCREASE demurrage and storage charges. REMOVE reference to NS-6004.
- Item 6010 – Rules Governing the Testing and Billing of Scale Tests for Industry Owned Scales: INCREASE charges for rail scale testing.
Norfolk Southern Corporation